Deadline: May 1st, 2017
Recent Writer Success Stories:
– In February, Bohemia Group Originals (BGO) optioned two Script Pipeline Screenwriting and TV Writing Competition finalists: Bradley Stryker’s action/thriller The Dragon Run and Diana Wright’s comedy pilot Franchise. BGO is one of several new contacts in Script Pipeline’s ongoing industry network expansion.
– Production wrapped on the feature Galileo, written by competition finalist Jen Goldson, in October 2016. At the Script Pipeline writer/industry event, Jen met director Jay Silverman and producer Bethany Cerrona, who optioned the script immediately. It took less than a year to get the film made. Santino Fontana (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Frozen) and Dania Ramirez (Entourage) star.
“I was a finalist in the Script Pipeline Screenwriting Competition and attended their writer/industry event. [Director of Development] Matt Misetich steered me toward Jay Silverman and Bethany Cerrona, saying they would appreciate my work–and they did! Galileo came about 100% due to Script Pipeline.”
– Jen Goldson, 2015 Screenwriting Contest Finalist (Egbok)
– TV Writing Competition Runner-up Laura Bensick (The Mother) signed with UTA after placing in the 2016 Script Pipeline TV Competition.
– As a result of Script Pipeline’s long-term facilitation, Debbie Chesebro and Tyson FitzGerald optioned their contest-winning screenplay Prom Queen to Classy Films.
“No one has done more for our writing career than Script Pipeline. They’ve worked tirelessly in connecting us to industry professionals over the course of six years, ultimately resulting in our script getting optioned.”
– Debbie Chesebro & Tyson FitzGerald, 2010 Screenwriting Competition Winner (Prom Queen)
– Android, written by Script Pipeline Fellowship selection Matt O’Reilly, attached Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad, The Path) in October 2016. Olga Kurylenko (Quantum of Solace) set to co-star in the sci-fi/thriller.
– Screenwriting Competition finalist Andrew Martin Robinson signed with Peter Katz (Story Driven) in August 2016, less than a week after Script Pipeline circulated his horror screenplay to industry.
About the Competition
The 15th Annual Script Pipeline Screenwriting and 10th Annual TV Writing competitions continue a long tradition of discovering up-and-coming talent and connecting them with top producers, agencies, and managers across studio and independent markets.
Finalists are given exposure to Script Pipeline industry partners, approximately 200 qualified contacts, and the following:
• Consultations with Script Pipeline’s Director of Development and other execs
• Personal introductions to managers, producers, agents, and others searching for new scripts, tailored to each individual project
• Additional material review for potential circulation
• Long-term circulation and development for all finalists (and select semifinalists)
• Exclusive invitations to private writer/industry events hosted by Script Pipeline