Recent Writer Success Stories:
– Jeffrey Dean Morgan (The Walking Dead) to star in Militia, winner of the 2015 Script Pipeline Screenwriting Competition. Writer Henry Dunham found representation less than a month after contest results were announced, signing with industry partner Madhouse Entertainment and later with UTA. Ralph Ineson (The Witch) and Jack Huston (American Hustle) join Morgan in the cast. Dunham will also direct.
– Bohemia Group Originals (BGO) optioned three 2016 Script Pipeline Screenwriting and TV Writing Competition finalists in February: Bradley Stryker’s action/thriller The Dragon Run, Diana Wright’s comedy pilot Franchise, and Nadeem Siddiqui’s romcom Slut.
– TV Writing Competition finalist Dani Messerschmidt (Hello, I Live Here) signed with John Zaozirny at Bellevue Productions in March 2017. Dani was introduced to reps from Bellevue at a Script Pipeline writer/industry event months prior.
– Producer Michael Klein (Dobre Films) picked up the sci-fi/action feature Moon Rush by Matt O’Reilly. Script Pipeline connected O’Reilly, who has other projects in various stages of development, with Dobre at the beginning of 2017.
– As a result of Script Pipeline’s long-term facilitation, Debbie Chesebro and Tyson FitzGerald optioned their 2010 contest-winning screenplay Prom Queen to Classy Films.
About the Competition
The 15th Annual Script Pipeline Screenwriting and 10th Annual TV Writing competitions continue a long tradition of discovering up-and-coming talent and connecting them with top producers, agencies, and managers across studio and independent markets.
Finalists are given exposure to Script Pipeline industry partners, approximately 200 qualified contacts, and the following:
• Consultations with Script Pipeline’s Director of Development and other execs
• Personal introductions to managers, producers, agents, and others searching for new scripts, tailored to each individual project
• Additional material review for potential circulation
• Long-term circulation and development for all finalists (and select semifinalists)
• Exclusive invitations to private writer/industry events hosted by Script Pipeline