The annual Script Pipeline Screenwriting and TV Writing competitions continue a long tradition of connecting writers with top producers, agencies, and managers across both studio and independent markets.
Through a unique, long-term circulation process, Script Pipeline contest alumni have found representation, optioned their work, and had their scripts produced over the past 16 years as a direct result of Script Pipeline facilitation. The result thus far is $6 million in screenplays and pilots sold by competition finalists and “Recommend” writers since 2003.
“Without the momentum my win gave me, I don’t know where my screenplay would be. I owe Script Pipeline for everything.”
– Henry Dunham (writer/director, Militia)
Finalists are given exposure to Script Pipeline industry partners and the following:
- $50,000 to winners
- Development assistance with Script Pipeline execs
- Personal introductions to managers, producers, agents, and others searching for new TV material, tailored to each individual project
- Additional material review for potential circulation
- Long-term circulation for all finalists (and select semifinalists)
- Exclusive invitations to private writer/industry events hosted by Script Pipeline
“When I relocated from NYC to LA to pursue sitcom writing, everyone I met in the industry said it wasn’t about entering competitions, it was about entering the right competition. Script Pipeline was a turning point.”
– Howard Jordan Jr., TV Writing Contest Runner-up (Superior Donuts)
“With their rapidly expanding network of industry connections, Script Pipeline has continued to champion my script long after the competition, giving me invaluable access to industry circulation and promoting my career in ways that would otherwise be out of my reach.”
– Ashley Locher, Screenwriting Contest Runner-up (End of Life)