Twentieth Century Fox picked up Stuber, a comedy spec from Script Pipeline Screenwriting Contest Winner Tripper Clancy for mid-six figures. Jonathan M. Goldstein and John Francis Daley (Horrible Bosses, Spider-Man: Homecoming) will produce. Two biopic specs are moving forward: Cliff Hollingsworth’s Done It All, based on the life of Merle Haggard, at GMH Productions, and Hayley Schore and Roshan Sethi’s Exposure, centering on Rosalind Franklin whose contributions to the discovery of DNA went uncredited before her death, at Entertainment One Films International. Lionsgate acquired Joshua Friedlander’s dramedy spec Couple Up, which centers on an unhappily married couple who see what life would be like if they had never met. Finally, Benderspink and Fox will produce Joe Greenberg’s elevated sci-fi spec Man Alive.
Other script sales include:
– Ben Jacoby to write The First Omen, prequel to The Omen, for Fox. David Goyer to produce.
– Sam Esmail’s 2008 Blacklist script Sequels, Remakes and Adaptations has found a home at STX Entertainment and Anonymous Content.
– Stacey Menear to write the Dennis the Menace adaptation for Warner Bros.
– Darren Lemke to write the sequel to 2015’s Goosebumps for Sony.
– Sean Anders and John Morris to write the sequel to the Will Ferrell/Mark Wahlberg comedy Daddy’s Home. Anders to also direct.