May 1st, 2020
$25,000 | long-term industry circulation | script development
The 18th Annual Script Pipeline Screenwriting Competition connects talented writers with production companies, agencies, and managers who can help launch their career. As one of the longest-running and most successful screenplay contests, we focus specifically on finding writers representation, supporting diverse voices, championing marketable, unique storytelling, and pushing more original projects into production.
The company’s intensive process, consisting of long-term writer development and widespread circulation of material, gives Script Pipeline writers access to some of the top industry execs worldwide. $7 million in screenplays and pilots have been sold by competition finalists and "Recommend" writers, with several scripts produced since 1999. In the last few years, over 10 films and series from Script Pipeline writers were released or are in active development or production, including 2019 releases Stuber, from Fox, and the indie hit The Standoff at Sparrow Creek.
Finalists receive circulation to Script Pipeline partners, in addition to the following:
- $25,000 to winner, $2,500 to runner-up
- Introductions to managers, producers, agents, directors, and others searching for screenplays
- Long-term script circulation to industry and continual guidance connecting with companies
- Development assistance from Script Pipeline's senior execs
- Additional script reviews and consideration of other material for industry exposure
- Invitations to writer and industry events hosted by Pipeline Media Group
All entrants may request a no-cost call with our Creative Executive, who can answer general questions on the industry or the Script Pipeline process.
Regular: May 1st, 2020 - $60
Late: May 15th, 2020 - $70
Enter the 2020 season by filling out the form on the right-hand side of this page. Writers may register at any time. There is no additional fee to send an updated draft from now until the regular May 1st deadline.
Entries also accepted via: