It was a slower month for script sales (as Decembers usually are). Richard Tanne will write Southside with You, a romance based on Barack and Michelle Obama’s first date. State Street Pictures and Paramount are moving forward with Zach Frenkel’s 2013 Black List comedy Make a Wish. Ted Nusbaum sold his coming-of-age sports drama In the Crease, which takes place in the world of lacrosse. Will Ferrell tostar in a comedy about the competitive world of Shakespearean theatre companies, based on a pitch by David Guion and Michael Handelman. And Disney picked up Brandon Barker’s revisionist Robin Hood spec Nottingham and Hood.
Other script sales include:
– Jim Carrey will star in Deep Cover, based on a pitch from Johnny Rosenthal.
– LAIKA Entertainment is gearing up for their next animated feature, with Chris Butler (ParaNorman) and Marc Haimes on scripting duties, and Matthew McConaughey, Charlize Theron, Rooney Mara, and Ralph Fiennes lending their voices.
– Michael Starrbury (a former Script Pipeline “Recommend”) was hired to rewrite Ed Terrestrial, produced by Shrek‘s Andrew Adamson.
– Robert D. Siegel (The Wrestler) writing The Founder, a biopic based on the salesman who helped brothers Mac and Dick McDonald turn their restaurant into a multi-billion dollar franchise.
– Rob Riggle and Tom Lennon to rewrite and star in the comedy The Boondoogle, about a business trip that turns into a psychedelic vortex of sex, violence, and goats.