Ridley Scott’s Scott Free Productions picked up Claire, a thriller spec by Brad Ingelsby. Claire follows a mother who protects her daughter after she falls in with the wrong crowd. Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire will produce Wayne Lemon’s spec The Havana Affair, a true-story thriller about the CIA’s Operation Mongoose. Amazon Studios is moving forward with Max Hurwitz’s Black List spec Forgive Me, a biopic about 60 Minutes’ Mike Wallace and his struggles with depression. Finally, Jason Bateman will produce Jesse Zwick, Allan Haldeman, Emerson Davis, and Michael Weintraub’s untitled crime script based on Operation Pandora’s Box, a sting operation that resulted in Los Angeles Sheriff Lee Baca’s resignation in 2014.
Other script sales include:
– Christopher Nolan to write/direct Dunkirk for Warner Bros. The film will be set during WWII and is based on a true story.
– David Koepp has signed on to script a Bride of Frankenstein remake/reboot for Universal.
– Evan Spiliotopoulos will write the Charlie’s Angels reboot for Sony.
– Apex Entertainment to produce Taylor Allen and Andrew Logan’s script Chappaquidick, based on Ted Kennedy’s infamous car accident. Sam Taylor-Johnson in talks to direct.
– New Line won out in a bidding war for Dave Callaham’s untitled throwback buddy action comedy.