Closing out 2017, Hollywood slowed down in December on account of the holiday season. Warner Bros. and Safehouse Pictures picked up Leo Sardarian’s sci-fi/action spec The Expansion Project. The script follows a rookie female marine who ends up stranded on a planet. San Andreas‘s Brad Peyton is attached to direct. Guillermo del Toro’s Del Toro Productions is teaming with Fox Searchlight and Phantom Four Films to produce the supernatural horror/thriller Antlers. Written by Nick Antosca and Henry Chaisson, the spec follows a young teacher who discovers a deadly supernatural secret connected to the father of one of her students. Hostiles director Scott Cooper is currently in talks. Rickey Castleberry and Zimran Jacob’s college comedy Swag has found a home with Estevan/Sheen Productions. Kevin Pollack to direct.
Other script sales:
– Rashida Jones to adapt the graphic novel Goldie Vance for Twentieth Century Fox. Jones will also direct.
– Mairghread Scott to write the animated feature Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors for Marvel Entertainment.
– Guillermo del Toro will write and direct an adaptation of the noir thriller Nightmare Alley for Fox Searchlight.
– Greg Pierce to adapt Hannah Kent’s novel Burial Rights. Jennifer Lawrence is attached to produce/star, and Call Me By Your Name‘s Luca Guadagnino will direct.
– Joel David Moore to write/direct an adaption of Huh Jung’s Hide and Seek for CJ Entertainment.
– Mark L. Smith has been tapped to script a new Star Trek movie, based on an idea from Quentin Tarantino. Tarantino will possibly direct.