Here are some of the most notable script sales from December 2021.
– Stampede Ventures has picked up the romantic thriller spec Lady Krylon by Brandon Constantine.
– TSW Films is moving forward with a Suge Knight biopic written by Nick Cassavetes and Anthony Thorne.
– The Hideaway Entertainment will produce the comedy Sleep Train, written by Andrew Nunnelly.
– Jake Helgren will write/direct his thriller The Bodyguard for The Ninth House.
– Entertainment 360 is producing an untitled sports drama about the true story of deaf football coach Keith Adams, who led an all-deaf football team to the D2 California State Championship. Luke Davies will write the script.
– Mattel Films and Vital Pictures will produce Christmas Balloon, written by Gabriela Revilla Lugo and based on a true story of a young girl in a Mexican border town who ties her letter to Santa to a ballon and the Arizona couple who decides to fulfill her Christmas wishes.
– Twentieth Century Studios, Gloria Sanchez Productions (Will Ferrell), and Artists First have acquired writer Jen D’Angelo’s untitled comedy about two sisters who decide to go on Jeopardy! to cover their mother’s gambling debts. Awkwafina and Sandra Oh are attached to star, and Jessica Yu will direct.
– Lionsgate, Mandeville Films, and John Glenn Entertainment will produce Prey, which Glenn wrote alongside Alex Davidson.
– Bonniedale and Third Coast Content is moving forward with American Pride, a biopic based on “Cowboy” Jack Clement written by Dianne Houston. Dennis Quaid will produce and star, and Craig Brewer will produce and direct.
– TriStar Pictures, Ghost House Pictures (Sam Raimi), and Playbox Pictures have acquired the rights to writer/director Michiel Blanchart’s short film “You’re Dead Hélène”. Blanchart will direct the adaptation.
– Over at Disney/Marvel: Destin Daniel Cretton will script the sequel to 2021’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, which he directed and co-wrote. Simu Liu will reprise his role.
– H Films is making the music comedy God Is a DJ from writers Hicham Hajji and Jonathan McConnell. Hajji will produce and direct.
– Signature Entertainment, Capstone Group, and Pretty Matches Productions (Sarah Jessica Parker) will produce writer/direct Dean Craig’s comedy The Estate. Toni Collette, Anna Faris, and Thomas Haden Church will star.
Adaptations currently in development can be found here on Book Pipeline.