Here are some of the most notable script sales from February 2022.
– Stampede Ventures has picked up Nick Schenk’s action spec Galahad.
– Paramount and SpringHill Entertainment will team up to produce writer/director Peter Remsey’s supernatural noir spec Blood Count.
– Davis Entertainment, Lit Entertainment Group, Make It With Gravy Productions, and Inspire Entertainment will produce Ending Things, an action spec written by Kevin Sullivan. Anthony Mackie and Priyanka Chopra Jonas are attached to star.
– Screen Gems and Broken Road Productions are moving forward with Cat Wilkins’ currently untitled comedy about a modern woman transported back to 19th century England. Tim Story will direct, and British comedian London Hughes will produce and star.
– Paramount Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films are making a Beyblade movie, based on Japanese company Takara’s toyline. Neil Widener and Gavin James will provide the script.
– Lionsgate and The District are making an untitled Christmas comedy centered on Mrs. Claus. Jackie Clarke wrote the screenplay. Leslie Jones will produce and possibly star.
– Garret Levitz will provide the script to MGM, Free Association, and The Picture Company’s upcoming System Crasher adaptation. The movie will be based on writer/director Nora Fingscheidt’s 2019 German film.
– Skydance is producing the animated detective noir Ray Gunn. Brad Bird and Matthew Robbins wrote the script.
– Sentient Pictures International and Extraordinary Entertainment are producing screenwriters Josh Campbell and Matt Stuecken’s horror/thriller Carrier. Actors Ron Perlman and Lin Shaye are attached and Kate Bosworth is in talks to star. Renny Harlin will produce and direct.
– Writers/directors Chris and Paul Weitz are making Spanish Dracula for their prodco Depth of Field Productions. The film will be a biopic of Mexican actress Lupita Tovar.
– Sonder Entertainment and Mind Riot Entertainment are producing writer/director Peter Curtis Pardini’s crime drama American/Indian. Wes Studi and Adam Beach will star.
– Truant Pictures is making the sci-fi/rom-com Turn Me On written by Angela Bourassa. Michael Tyburski will direct, and Nick Robinson and Bel Powley will star.
– Dirty Films (Cate Blanchett) and Scarlett Pictures will produce The New Boy from writer/director Warwick Thornton. Blanchett will also star.
– Over at Paramount: Writers James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick will return to script the next installment in the Scream franchise after writing the 2022 sequel. Directors Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett will also return. Kevin Williamson wrote the original 1996 film and will executive produce.
– Universal Pictures and Monkeypaw Productions (Jordan Peele): Nikyatu Jusu will direct an untitled horror film and co-write with Fredrica Bailey.
Adaptations currently in development can be found here on Book Pipeline.