It was a slower month for script sales. Disney acquired Prince Charming, a fantasy/comedy spec by Matthew Fogel about Prince Charming’s brother who has never lived up to his family name. MGM has purchased the spec script Bed Rest written by Lori Evans Taylor, a Hitchcockian thriller about an expectant mother confined to bed rest. Fubar Films optioned Bill Kennedy’s Blacklist script The Fixer, a gritty mob drama set in Los Angeles. Paramount and Red Hour films moving forward with Red Shirts, a college football comedy pitch from Veep‘s Timothy Simons and Matt Walsh. Ben Stiller to produce.
Other script sales:
– Paul Thomas Anderson to write Pinocchio for Warner Bros. and Robert Downey Jr.’s Team Downey. RDJ attached to star.
– Hero Films and Fable House will co-produce Manhattan Love Story, a multiracial romance written by Andy Tennant, Rick Parks, and Adrien Brody. Brody to star, Tennant to direct.
– Derek Connolly and Colin Trevorrow will go back to Jurassic World for the next film in the franchise.
– Sony is (actually) producing an emoji movie, based on a pitch from Eric Siegel and Anthony Leondis.
– Brian Cogman to write the Sword in the Stone adaptation for Disney.
– District 9‘s Terri Tatchell to adapt the novel Apocalypse Now Now.