Here are some of the most notable script sales from July 2020:
– Screen Gems picked up the thriller spec Sabine written by Gregg Hurwitz and Philip Eisner. The script follows a female detective who hunts down a serial killer and begins to see the world through the killer’s eyes.
– Legendary Pictures and Hyperobject Industries have acquired Lauryn Kahn’s drama/thriller spec Fresh. Adam McKay will produce; Mimi Cave will direct.
– StudioCanal, The Picture Co., and Billstein Entertainment Partners are teaming for Seth Owen’s thriller spec Role Play, based on an idea by George Heller, who will also exec produce.
– Desert Moon Pictures optioned Lee Martin’s thriller script The Devil at Sandy Creek.
– Spyglass Media Group and Phantom Four Films have acquired the rights to the short horror film “Mr. Lonely.” The short’s writer Marc Bloom and director David-Jan Bronsgeest will reteam for the feature.
– Roy Parker will adapt the PBS TV series Wishbone as a feature for Universal Pictures, Mattel Films, and Conundrum Entertainment.
– Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis will script the next entry in the Dirty Dancing franchise for Lionsgate and Megamix Productions. Jennifer Grey will produce and star.
– Village Roadshow Pictures and Phantom Four Films have picked up T.J. Fixman’s original action script Legacy. David S. Goyer and Keith Levine to produce.
– Sam Chalsen and Nelson Greaves will script a Ted Kaczynski movie for 2.0 Entertainment.
– Amblin Partners and Di Novi Pictures have picked up Beth Henley’s drama script Miss Macy. Tate Taylor will produce and direct; Jean Smart will exec produce and star.
– Mandalay Pictures and Juniper Productions picked up Mark Mazur’s sci-fi/thriller Retrograde. Jeremy Rush will direct.
– Amblin Partners and Tiffany Haddish’s She Ready have picked up Raamla Mohamed’s comedy script Homecoming Queen. Haddish will produce and star.
Adaptations currently in development can be found here on Book Pipeline.