Here are some of the most notable script sales from July 2021.
– Lionsgate, BuzzFeed, and Cr8tiv Universe have are moving forward with the romantic comedy My Fake Boyfriend written by Luke Albright, Joe Wanjai Ross, and Great Boaldin. Keiynan Lonsdale, Dylan Sprouse, and Sarah Hyland are set to star, and Rose Troche to direct.
– Lionsgate, Khalabo Ink Society, and The Syndicate acquired Bill Collage’s heist thriller Black Collar based on a pitch. Kenya Barris will produce.
– Code Entertainment picked up Jonathan Stokes’s action spec The Vampire Asset.
– Media Rights Capital and Alloy Entertainment have acquired Witness Protection, a comedy written by Rupinder Gill and David West Read. Annie Murphy is set to executive produce and star.
– Anthony and Joe Russo’s AGBO has tapped Daniel Casey to script the adaptation for Gatchaman. The Russos may also direct. Tatsuo Yoshida created the original anime series in 1978 for Tatsunoko Studios.
– Anamorphic Media and Convoy Entertainment are moving forward with Champions of the Universe, a sports comedy written by Will Sasso and Marshall Cook. Cook will direct, and Sasso will star.
– Some Other Woman has found a home with Productivity Media and Balcony 9 Productions. The psychological thriller was written by Yuri Baranovsky, Angela Gulner, and Josh Long. David Moore will produce and direct, and the cast includes Amanda Crew and Tom Felton.
– Modern Magic and Interscope Films are moving forward with an as-of-now untitled animated film written by Jaboukie Young-White and inspired by the music of Juice WRLD.
– A24 and Emma Stone’s Fruit Tree are producing an untitled comedy from writer/director Julio Torres. Torres will star alongside Tilda Swinton.
– Sony and The Montecito Picture Company acquired an untitled martial arts comedy from Ronny Chieng and Sebastian DiNatale.
– The Thomas Crown Affair is getting another remake from MGM, Outlier Society, and AGBO. Wes Tooke will provide the script, and Michael B. Jordan will produce/star. The screenplay for the 1968 original was written by Alan Trustman.
– Miramax Films and Gunpowder & Sky are adapting Tan Ce Ding’s 2018 short film The Masseuse into a feature. David O’Leary will provide the script, and Tan Ce Ding will direct.
– Lionsgate and Point Grey Pictures have acquired an untitled comedy written by Cherry Chevapravatdumrong and Teresa Hsiao, based on a story by Chevapravatdumrong, Hsiao, and Adele Lim. The trio will produce alongside Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg, and Lim will direct. Ashley Park is set to star.
Adaptations currently in development can be found here on Book Pipeline.