Here are some of the most notable script sales from March 2022.
- Paramount Pictures, GK Films, and SISTER have tapped John Logan to script their untitled Bee Gees biopic. John Carney will direct.
- Trapdoor Pictures will make New Life, a horror/thriller from writer/director John Rosman.
- Ellen Shanman and Rawson Marshall Thurber will write a Voltron movie for Mandeville Films and World Events Productions. Thurber will also direct. The film will be based on the animated television franchise, which was originally adapted/edited from the Japanese anime series Beast King GoLion and Armored Fleet Dairugger XV, both created by Saburō Yatsude.
- Over at Hasbro Studios: Emily V. Gordon will write and exec-produce a movie based on Play-Doh. John M. Chu will produce and possibly direct. It will be an animated film.
- 30WEST and Lit Entertainment Group will produce Day Drinker, a supernatural romance/thriller from writer Zach Dean. Marc Webb will direct.
- Lionsgate, Great Point Media, and Salon Pictures will team up for Hear Me Roar, based on the true story of female boxer Nicola Adams. Charlie Josephine will write, and Helena Can will direct.
- Rashida Jones and Will McCormack are writing and Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris are directing a remake of writer/director Cesc Gay’s 2020 Spanish film Sentimental. Permut Presentations will produce the film, now with the title The People Upstairs.
- Jaigantic Studios and producer Irwin Mazur have acquired Billy Joel’s life rights for Piano Man. Adam Ripp will write and direct.
- LuckyChap Entertainment (Margot Robbie) and Indian Paintbrush will produce writer/director Megan Park’s coming-of-age comedy My Old Ass.
- Kitty Green and Oscar Redding will write the drama The Royal Hotel for See-Saw Films. Green will also direct, and Julia Garner will star.
- Neil Widener and Gavin James will write a Houdini biopic for Paramount Pictures and Di Bonaventura Pictures. The project is described as being like Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes in tone.
Adaptations currently in development can be found here on Book Pipeline.