May was a slower month for spec sales. Adam D’Alba’s horror spec The Infinity Reel has found a home at Paramount, with 21 Laps Entertainment and Bullitt Entertainment producing. The movie, based on D’Alba’s pilot, will follow a paranormal investigator who investigates a strange phenomenon in small town and along the way finds an eerie connection to his own past. Amazon Studios has picked up another spec, This Is Jane by Daniel Loflin. The drama is based on Laura Kaplan’s non-fiction book The Story of Jane: The Legendary Underground Feminist Abortion Service, set in the years just before Roe v. Wade.
Other script sales:
– Andy Bellin will adapt Brett Velicovich and Christopher S. Stewart’s Drone Warrior into a script for Paramount.
– Peter Ackerman to write the Angry Birds sequel for Columbia.
– Greg Russo to write the Resident Evil reboot for Screen Gems. James Wan to produce.
– Ol Parker (The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) to write/direct the Mamma Mia sequel for Universal and Playtone.
– Gary Sanchez Productions picked up Andrew Model and Jarrad Paul’s pitch about a washed-up TV star who reconnected with his TV show son who’s now a huge star. Will Ferrell and Jason Momoa to star.
– Annapurna Pictures, Plan B, and Gary Sanchez have teamed for Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney biopic, which McKay will write and direct. Christian Bale, Steve Carell, and Amy Adams are set to star.