Here are some of the most notable script sales from May 2021.
– Warner Bros. Pictures, Dark Horse Entertainment, and Green Door Pictures (Idris Elba’s production company) have acquired Tyler Marceca’s spec Stay Frosty. Sam Hargrave is attached to direct and produce, and Elba will also star.
– Universal Pictures, Lord Miller (Phil Lord and Chris Miller), Picturestart, and Rabbit Hole Pictures picked up Strays, a comedy written by Dan Perrault. Josh Greenbaum will direct.
– Lionsgate, Perfection Hunter Productions, and Luber Roklin Entertainment acquired Rod Lurie’s West Point–set drama West Pointer. KJ App will executive produce and star, and Lurie will also direct.
– Eric Roth will write a Cher biopic for Universal, Littlestar Productions, and The Playtone Company. Cher will produce!
– StudioCanal, Film4 Productions, and Complete Fiction Pictures: Joe Cornish will write, direct, and produce the sequel to his 2011 film Attack the Block. John Boyega will produce and reprise his role.
– Bong Joon-Ho will write and direct his first animated film for 4th Creative Party. It’s currently untitled, but the story “centers on humans and deep-sea creatures”, so it should be a blast!
– Universal Pictures and Mandeville Films acquired an untitled father/daughter dance project from Michelle Harper based on her pitch.
– Isa Mazzei and Daniel Goldhaber will write and direct Faces of Death for Legendary Pictures, Angry Films, and Benattar/Thomas Productions. The horror film will be based on the 1978 faux documentary written/directed by John Allan Scwartz.
– Gamechanger Films is moving forward with Pale Horse, a mystery/psychological thriller written by Asabi Lee and Paul Hart-Wilden and based on a story by Chris Courtney Martin. Gabourey Sidibe will direct.
– Down Low, an “audacious comedy about a deeply repressed man” written by Phoebe Fisher and Lukas Gage, has gotten the greenlight at FilmNation and Sui Generis Pictures. Rightor Doyle will direct.
Adaptations currently in development can be found here on Book Pipeline.