Spec scripts made a strong showing in November. Kicking things off, Lakeshore Entertainment picked up Mark Hogan’s spec The New Mrs. Keller, which has been described as a Hitchcockian techno-thriller. Escape Artists snagged Let Her Speak, a true-story spec based on Texas state Senator Wendy Davis’s 11-hour filibuster to stall anti-abortion legislation. Sandra Bullock is attached to star. New Republic Pictures and Will Packer Productions are teaming up for Green Rush. Written by Matt Tente, the crime spec follows an ex-con who schemes with his daughter to steal millions of dollars worth of medical marijuana taxes from city hall. Amy Pascal’s Pascal Pictures picked up Envoy, a sci-fi/thriller spec written by Kat Wood. The script follows a military intelligence specialist who attempts to become the first-ever human representation to alien life. Finally, Sentient Entertainment scooped up Tony Mosher’s drama/thriller spec Sirius about two members of a Danish special forces dog sled team who get trapped not only by the frigid weather but also highly trained adversaries. Pierre Morel is set to direct.
Other script sales:
– Misha Green has signed on to write/produce the remake of Cleopatra Jones for Warner Bros.
– Sam Cohan has been tapped to adapt the documentary Monkey Business: The Adventures of Curious George’s Creators for Millennium Films. The film will follow creators H.A. and Margaret Rey as they try to escape Nazi-occupied Europe with their original Curious George manuscript.
– Quentin Tarantino will write/direct a movie about the Charles Manson murders for Sony.
– Allan Heinberg will script a Multiple Man movie for Twentieth Century Fox. James Franco is set to star.
– Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama to adapt Morbius: The Living Vampire for Sony. This will be a spinoff from the Spider-Man franchise.
– Gary Dauberman to write/produce an Are You Afraid of the Dark? adaptation for Paramount.
– DC and New Line have found Adam Sztykiel to write their Black Adam adaptation. Dwayne Johnson to star.