Here are some of the most notable script sales from November 2022.
- StudioCanal and The Picture Company have picked up April Wolfe’s action spec Honey Trapped.
- VMI World Wide and BondIt Media Capital will produce Darkness of Man, a noir action film written by James Cullen Bressack and Alethea Cho, from an original story by Bressack and Jean-Claude Van Damme. Bressack will also produce and direct, and Van Damme will executive produce and star.
- Writer/director Bryan Fuller has found his next feature: the horror drama Dust Bunny. eOne, Thunder Road Pictures, and Fuller’s company Living Dead Guy Productions will produce. Mads Mikkelsen is set to star.
- Riverside Entertainment, Margate House Films, and Stride Management are moving forward with the crime drama Dixie Crystal, written by Jake Allyn. Conor Allyn will direct, and Rob Morgan will star.
- Mandalay Sports Media and Bluestone Entertainment will produce the Hank Aaron biopic 715!, written by Geoffrey Fletcher.
- Maïmouna Doucouré will write and direct a Josephine Baker biopic for StudioCanal, Buen Ou Bien Productions, and CPB Films.
- C2 Motion Picture Group and Saturn Films will produce writer/director Oz Perkins’ next film, Longlegs. Nicolas Cage will produce and star.
- Universal is making a Snoop Dogg biopic! Joe Robert Cole will write, and Allen Hughes will direct.
- Patrick Massett and John Zinman will write the sequel to Wind River for Castle Rock Entertainment and Thunder Road Pictures. Kari Skogland will direct, and Martin Sensmeier will reprise his role. The original film was written and directed by Taylor Sheridan.
- Michael Starrbury has been tapped to rewrite Disney/Marvel’s Blade movie. Mahershala Ali is still attached to star, and Yann Demange has taken up the reins as director.
- Hal Hartley will write and direct the dramedy Where to Land for Verdi Productions.
- Juan Pablo Di Pace will write, direct, and star in the romantic drama For Another Time. Act III Productions (Norman Lear), Momento Films, and SpoPro will produce.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment, 3000 Pictures, and Grey Matter Productions have tapped Dan Futterman to rewrite the script to their Bruce Lee biopic. Ang Lee will direct and produce, and Mason Lee will star.
Adaptations currently in development can be found here on Book Pipeline.