Hollywood got into the Halloween spirit this month, with several horror and thriller projects moving forward. Rob Zombie will direct his own script 31, a Most Dangerous Game-esque story with murderous clowns hunting carnival workers (what, you expected something else?). Sam Raimi producing A Man in the Dark, written by Fede Alvarez and Rodo Sayagues, in which teen burglars break into a psychopath’s house. Comedian Jordan Peele sold Get Out, a horror script that focuses on the fears of being a modern black man, to Darko Entertainment. Radar Pictures picked up Travis Baker and Richard Tanne’s spec horror/thriller Midnight. Shawn Levi will produce Andrew Barrer and Gabe Ferrari’s spec Low Tide, and Original Film optioned Eric Heisserer’s pitch Exposure, a supernatural thriller in the vein of The Ring.
Other script sales include:
– Emma Thompson has been tapped to rewrite Bridget Jones’ Baby. Hopefully, things will work out better for Bridget than they did for Rosemary.
– Seth Grahame-Smith will write Lego Batman, a spinoff from The Lego Movie. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (the writer/directors of the first movie) will produce.
– Steve Pink and Jeff Morris sold their comedy pitch Cop Swap to MGM.
– Katie Dippold and Paul Feig to write the Ghostbusters remake/reboot.
– Peter Warren will write Thrill Ride, a horror-comedy based on an idea by Neighbors‘ Andrew Jay Cohen and Brendan O’Brien.