Here are some of the most notable script sales from October 2021.
– Twentieth Century Studios, Footprint Features, and A Seed & Wings Productions have picked up Wenonah Wilms and Becca Greene’s spec Darby Harper Wants You To Know, a coming-of-age supernatural dramedy. Silas Howard will direct.
– Studio 8 and Wild Bunch are taking on Mind Fall, a sci-fi/thriller written by Graham Moore. Mathieu Kassovitz will direct, and Daisy Ridley will star.
– One Community, Gunpowder & Sky, and Mazo Partners have optioned the action/thriller No Way In Hell, written by Chase Millsap and Charley Dane.
– Village Roadshow Pictures and Brillstein Entertainment have picked up two scripts from this year’s Blood List: Casey Giltner’s On the First Day of Christmas… and Jose Nateras’s Zero Feet Away.
– Robert Archer Lynn’s script Silent Night has found a home with Thunder Road Pictures and Capstone Group. The action/crime/thriller will star Joel Kinnaman, and John Woo will direct.
– Millennium Films has picked up the action script Wanted Man, written by Dolph Lundgren and Michael Worth. Lundgren will direct.
– Altitude Film Entertainment, Fields Park Productions, and Jigsaw Productions are teaming up for Anthony McCarten and Matt Cook’s Two Wolves. Alex Gibney will produce and direct, and Viggo Mortensen and Caleb Landry Jones will star.
– Altitude Film will also produce No Way Up, a thriller script written by Andy Mayson. Claudio Fäh will direct, and Kelsey Grammer will star.
– Likely Story and FilmNation will produce Nicole Holofcener’s next film, Beth and Don, which she will write and direct. Julia Louis-Dreyfus will star.
– Universal Pictures, Blumhouse Productions, and Arcana have tapped Derek Cianfrance to script the Wolfman remake/reboot. Cianfrance is in talks to direct. Ryan Gosling will produce and star. Universal’s original 1941 film The Wolf Man was written by Curt Siodmak and directed by George Waggner.
– Quad Films and SCOPE have picked up the sci-fi/rom-com The Pod Generation, written by Sophie Barthes. Barthes will also direct, and Emilia Clarke will executive produce. Clarke and Chiwetel Ejiofor will star.
– Recorded Picture Company will produce writer/director Rupert Everett’s autobiographical Lost and Found in Paris. Kit Clarke, John Malkovich, and Kristin Scott Thomas will star.
– Sony, Polygram Entertainment, and Osbourne Media will produce Lee Hall’s untitled Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne screenplay.
– A24, Fruit Tree (Emma Stone), and Smudge Films will produce writer/director Jane Schoenbrun’s horror/drama I Saw the TV Glow.
– Twentieth Century, Scott Free (Ridley Scott), and LuckyChap Entertainment are moving forward with Boston Strangler, a period drama written by Matt Ruskin. Ruskin will direct, and Keira Knightley will star.
Adaptations currently in development can be found here on Book Pipeline.