Here are some of the most notable script sales from October 2022.
- Legendary Pictures has picked up Chris Sparling’s action/drama spec Fight Fast.
- Speck Gordon (Will Speck and Josh Gordon) will be turning The Oregon Trail into a musical feature. Pasek and Paul will help write the songs.
- VMI Worldwide and BondIt Media Capital are moving forward with the action film Darkness of Man. Director James Cullen Bressack co-wrote the script with Alethea Cho from an original story by Bressack and Jean-Claude Van Damme. Van Damme will executive produce and star.
- Sophie Hyde will write and direct An Ideal Wife for Curiosa Films, Embankment Films, and Zephyr Films. The film will be based on the life of Oscar Wilde’s wife Constance Lloyd, and Emilia Clarke is set to star.
- For Mongrel Media and Crescent Entertainment, Ann Marie Fleming will write and direct the sci-fi/thriller Can I Get a Witness. Sandra Oh will star.
- Over at 30WEST, Alexander Skarsgård is set to make his directorial debut with the psychological thriller The Pack, written by Rose Gilroy. Skarsgård will also star alongside Florence Pugh.
- Black Bear Pictures and Fifty-Fifty Films will produce Immaculate from writer Andrew Lobel. Sydney Sweeney will produce and star, and Michael Mohan will direct.
- Film 44 will produce NAR, an action/thriller written by Clint Bentley and Greg Kwedar. Hilary Swank will produce and star, and Kwedar will also direct.
- LaToya Morgan will script the sequel to 1968’s Night of the Living Dead for Village Roadshow Pictures, Sanibel Films, and Origin Story. Nikyatu Jusu is attached to direct. Director George A. Romero co-wrote the original film with John Russo.
- Damon Lindelof and Justin Britt-Gibson will script a Star Wars film for Disney and Lucasfilm. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is in talks to direct.
- David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick will write the next Conjuring sequel for New Line Cinema, Warner Bros., Atomic Monster, and The Safran Company. Johnson-McGoldrick co-wrote the previous installment in the franchise, The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It, alongside James Wan.
- Angelina Jolie will play Maria Callas in Maria for Fabula, The Apartment Pictures, and Komplizen Film. Steven Knight will write the script, and Pablo Larraín will direct.
- Anonymous Cat has acquired Chris Peckover and Zachary Donohue’s coming-of-age horror Basement.
- Legendary Pictures, Overbrook Entertainment, and RocNation will produce the historical drama The Book of Clarence from writer/director Jeymes Samuel. LaKeith Stanfield and Omar Sy will star.
- The Naked Gun is getting a remake/reboot/sequel from Paramount Pictures and Fuzzy Door Productions (Seth MacFarlane). Dan Gregor and Doug Mand will provide the script, Akiva Schaffer will direct, and Liam Neeson is in talks to star. Here’s hoping they title it The Naked Gun 444 1/4.
Adaptations currently in development can be found here on Book Pipeline.