First up, a Pipeline success story! Script Pipeline “Recommend” writer Matt J. O’Neill has sold his currently untitled sports drama to NBC. LeBron James to produce under his company SpringHill Entertainment (Survivor’s Remorse). Green-Light International and Imprint Entertainment have acquired Zika Agiashvili’s spec The Silver Arrow, a heist thriller about thieves searching for a legendary pre–World War II racecar, the Mercedes-Benz Silver Arrow. Oscar-nominated cinematographer Phedon Papamichael to direct. Madhouse has acquired the spec biopic American Rebel. Written by Christopher Cosmos, the story follows Deborah Sampson, who disguised herself as a man to fight in the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War. Amy Pascal to produce.
Other script sales:
– Marty Katz to produce Ray Gideon and Bruce Evans’s Roy Orbison biopic, The Big O.
– Scott Rudin Productions has acquired Mindy Kaling’s untitled talk show screenplay. Kaling and Emma Thompson attached to star.
– Terence Winter to write Andy Warhol biopic, based on Victor Bockris’s book, Warhol: The Biography. Michael De Luca and Jared Leto to produce, Leto attached to star.
– Sony is moving forward with writer/director Dan Gilroy’s legal thriller Inner City. Denzel Washington to star.
– The Weinstein Company and Nick Wechsler Productions will produce Jeremy Brock’s biographical script based on the life of Edgardo Mortara, an Italian boy who was taken from his Jewish parents and raised Catholic. Robert De Niro to possibly star.
– FilmNation Entertainment and The Playtone Company to produce Greyhound, a WW2 drama written by Tom Hanks. Hanks to possibly star, Aaron Schneider to direct.
– Daniel Radcliffe and Zachary Quinto will star in writer/director Zach Helm’s We Do Not Forget, a crime drama inspired by a true story.