Here are some of the most notable script sales from September 2022.
- Sony Pictures and Olive Bridge Entertainment have picked up Matthew Kellard and Jackson Kellard’s comedy Locked Out, based on their pitch.
- 3dot productions, G-Unit Film (Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson), and Electromagnetic Productions have picked up two horror scripts: The Gun by Kirkland Morris and Trackmaster by Justin Calen-Chenn. Eli Roth will also produce both films.
- Universal 1440 Entertainment is producing a new, fresh take on American Pie. Sujata Day will write, based on her pitch. The original 1999 movie was written by Adam Herz.
- Yassir Lester will write the Armor Wars film for Marvel and Disney. Don Cheadle will star and reprise his role, and Kevin Feige will produce. The film will be based on the comics written by David Michelinie and Bob Layton, and it was previously announced as a TV show before switching over to a feature.
- In other Disney/Marvel news: Jeff Kaplan and Ian Springer will script the Fantastic Four movie, and Matt Shakman will direct. The characters were created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1961.
- And one last Marvel film: Jeff Loveness will write Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, and Destin Daniel Cfretton will direct. Jonathan Majors will star, presumably along with a slew of familiar superhero faces.
- The Epcot Imagination Pavillion mascot Figment is getting his own animated movie. Disney and Point Grey (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg) will produce, and Dan Hernandez and Benji Samit will provide the script. The character was originally created by Imagineers Tony Baxter and Steve Kirk in 1983.
- Paramount Pictures and Maximum Effort (Ryan Reynolds) will produce the sci-fi/comedy Rachel Nevada, written by Hannah Haley and Kaitlin Smith.
- Film Bridge International and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment will produce The Making of Jesus Diabetes. Andrew Friedman, Michael Naughton, and Bob Odenkirk wrote the script, and all three will star. Heath Cullens is set to direct.
- Universal, Westbrook Studios (Will Smith), Three Six Zero Group, and La Industria are moving forward with Brooks McLaren and D.J. Cotrona’s action/comedy Regulators. Nicky Jam will produce and star.
- Akiva Goldsman will write and produce the Constantine sequel for Warner Bros., Weed Road Pictures, Bad Robot (J.J. Abrams), and di Bonaventura Pictures. The original’s director Francis Lawrence and star Keanu Reeves will both return to the sequel. The first film was written by Kevin Brodbin and Frank A. Cappello and based on DC Comics’ Hellblazer by Jamie Delano and Garth Ennis.
- Chris Mundy will write the Sublime biopic for Sony, 3000 Pictures, Chernin Entertainment, and about:blank. Francis Lawrence will produce and direct.
Adaptations currently in development can be found here on Book Pipeline.