Screenwriting Contest | TV Writing Contest | Movie Idea Contest | TV Show Idea Contest | First Look Project | Student Screenwriting Contest | Classes | Database | Script Notes
Deadline: November 15th, 2013
Less than two weeks left to submit to the 2nd Annual 2013 First Look Project. Writers may submit to one or more of the following divisions: Feature Screenplay (4 genres), Teleplay, and Adaptation. The winning entries receive a cash prize and initial exposure to the following companies:
cannot underestimate the impact that Script Pipeline has had on my
writing career. Winning the contest directly led to my new
representation, which in turn led to working with studios such as 20th
- Tripper Clancy, Script Pipeline Contest Winner (The Ambassadors)
Script Pipeline writers have now netted $5 million in spec sales,, including alum Evan Daugherty (Snow White and the Huntsman, Divergent, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, GI Joe 3), Micah Barnett (Ricochet - NBC), and Tripper Clancy (The Ambassadors - 20th Century Fox). View more Script Pipeline success stories
experience has been amazing. The feedback and guidance I’ve received,
as well as the connections I’ve made, have been invaluable. Script
Pipeline is a game changer."
- Kristi Hall, 2012 First Look Winner (Teleplay)
SUBMIT YOUR SCRIPT
Writer of the innovative dramedy "Cutting Numbers," Script Pipeline's 2013 Screenwriting Contest Grand Prize Winner gives his thoughts on dramedies, spinning unique concepts, and balloonicorns. . . . Nope, that's not a typo.
Cutting Numbers is a unique premise in a genre (essentially an indie dramedy) usually devoid of true originality. How’d the concept come about?
As far as what type of screenwriter someone becomes, is it a conscious decision, or do they kind of naturally gravitate toward a particular style or genre? Which was it for you?
How did you get into screenwriting?
Read the Full Interview
First the White House, now London. A sequel to Olympus Has Fallen, aptly entitled London Has Fallen, will be produced by Millennium Films. This was announced earlier, but bears repeating: MGM rebooting Ben-Hur. Hugh Jackson to play PT Barnum in the biopic The Greatest Showman on Earth, and Benderspink producing an adaptation of the recently-published sci-fi novel Day One. And in case you've been on hiatus in Antarctica for a year, Star Wars: Episode VII is currently in development, with JJ Abrams on-board to direct. The story will center on a new breed of jedis and an older Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker.
Other script sales include:
- MGM tackling an animated adaptation of The Addams Family.
- The period drama The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism to be helmed by Dreamworks. Has Spielberg all over it. . . .
- Disney enters the world of wedding planners and rom-coms with a fantasy twist (naturally) in Fairy Tale Wedding, as well as a spin-off of 101 Dalmatians focusing on the villain, Cruella.
- Fans of websites The Knot, The Bump, and The Nest take note--20th Century Fox producing a comedy inspired by the three stages of parenthood.
View More 2013 Script Sales
Now a 5-year membership
Search companies looking for material and considering new writers in the Writers Database.
Become a member and view over 1,000 more listings for agents, managers, and producers. New members also receive:
- discounts on comprehensive script notes
- one free entry to any Script Pipeline writing or idea competition, including the 2013 First Look Project
- one-on-one assistance with logline and query reviews
SIGN UP HERE